Better todays and even better tomorrows
Edina has always been a forward-thinking community. Assessing where we are today and contemplating our vision for where we want to go in the future has historically been part of our DNA. During the years I have served our community, every Council of which I have been a member has been involved in planning and visioning.
In May 2015, several hundred Edina residents, including our Council members, gathered over several days and worked at creating a shared strategic vision for the city. By exploring the idea of Edina’s long term-future, our community obtained a clearer understanding of what people might be looking for in Edina in 2030 and beyond.
EDINA’S SHARED COMMUNITY VISION STATEMENT
Edina holds a well-earned reputation as a city of choice. It is the model of a successful, mature and progressive community that strives to lead in a modern and evolving world. We maintain our heritage and attractiveness and afford our residents the highest quality of life, while actively embracing the future.
- Vision Edina—Strategic Vision Framework—May 2015
INCLUSIVE AND CONNECTED
- A strong foundation of single-family housing with an enticing mix of residential development
- A healthy demographic mix
- Cohesive neighborhoods
- Embracing diversity
BUILT TO SCALE DEVELOPMENT
- An innovative and comprehensive development policy that strikes the right balance between renewal and progress as well as protection and preservation
- Preserving and enhancing the character of neighborhoods
- Commercial and retail development carefully woven in neighborhood nodes
- World class city resource management systems built around environmental sustainability
- Treasure and protect our public spaces and parks (which will be even more important in the post COVID era)
A COMMUNITY OF LEARNING
- Recognizing the significant value of our high quality and renowned education system
- A highly engaged community in constant pursuit of knowledge and understanding
- As a community, Edina is always looking forward, working to remain competitive, relevant and innovative
- Embrace the foundation of our traditions but are not afraid to adapt and change as the city evolves
- Active engagement by city leaders in regional leadership to ensure interests of Edina are represented.
Vision Edina 2014-2015